Fun in the Park
Join us for Health and Wellness in the Park at Belding-Garcia Park from June 11th to July 27th, 2018 from 11am to 1pm for fitness, early childhood support and development classes, healthy cooking and children’s literacy classes. Children under the age of 18 will have access to a free lunch each day Monday through Friday and free produce from White Pony Express will be distributed three times a week to all families that come to the park at 7 St & Coalinga Ave.
Continue to check our calendar of events and your email for announcements about other activities BBK has planned this summer.
Make your voice count
Mark your calendar, Election Day in California is June 5th!
Together we can create a California for all!
What you can do?
- Vote and become informed: Learn about the issues, propositions and candidates important to your family, our communities and the State. Easy Voter Guide, Your Vote Matters Guide, Su Vota Importa and Million Voter Project Voter Guides (Spanish)
What is BBK Doing?
- In May and June, BBK’s African American Community Engagement Team will be out in the community knocking on doors and calling African American voters to listen to, learn from and inform residents about the importance of voting and civic engagement so that their powerful political voice is sustained.
- 3 or 4 consecutive summers of high quality learning beginning in prekindergarten can get kids reading on grade level by 3rd grade
- Summer learning loss in the elementary school years alone accounts for at least half of the 9th grade reading achievement gap.
- Participation in a summer science program can stimulate greater interest in STEM careers.
- Only one in eight children who qualify for free or reduced-price meals access them in the summer months